Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 11 Perseid Meteor Shower

In this case, a picture isn't worth a 1000 words. Last night at anchor conditions were incredible to view the Perseis meteor shower; clear sky, wide open horizon, and no backround light at any point of the compass. Even the Captain refrained from his normal bedtime to view the shows opening act.

After a long day at sea today, the crew had to attend to ship's business; registering us with the dockmaster, filling water tanks, offloading garbage, and swabbing the deck. I was surprised to hear that I was the first to clean the decks this voyage... which made me wonder about the diligence of the crews before me.

The Captain appears to have a technology problem and is well behind in his log updates. In absence of the official ship's log, I can offer the following summary; great weather, great scenery, great people, and exceptional cuisine prepared by my Captain. I just wish we sailed more.

My Captain appears totally unaware of the technology I carry in my pocket. If he did, it surely would be confiscated.

The ship's clock has finished the midnight serenade... so it's bedtime....

No comments:

Post a Comment