Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 12 Laundry

Tonight was laundry night. The Captain has done laundry twice since I've been aboard..... and me none.... perhaps because my hi-tech clothes are more durable than the Captain's finest cottons... and my backpacking experience resulted in almost daily washing of underware and socks in my sink (water conservation violation). I guess the sheets and towels did need washed.

The task much tougher than the laundry is getting the sheets back on the bunk. The bedding on Royal Eagle is custom made with the top and bottom sheets sewn together creating a body capsule. Sorting out all the flaps and getting it oriented right on the bunk requires an education level much higher than mine.

I now have enough clean garments to last me at least another 20 days before the mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment