Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 14 Photo Ops

As many of you know, I try to document my voyages with images (with a real camera rather than a cell phone). This voyage has been no exception. At the beginning of the trip, the Captain did not seem to have much compassion for positioning the ship for a proper shot. Even with my longest telephoto lens, I wasn't able to make some lighthouses any bigger than a spec in my view finder.

After many days of crew requests to pilot the ship closer to images of interest, the Captain is beginning to comply. I was able to get some decent shots of Huron Island Light (above) due to the Captain's masterful navigation in treacherous waters. If he continues to be compliant, he will be rewarded with many frame-able images of our voyage. If not, he'll get my cell phone pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment